Development of acoustic biosensors for the real time study of biomolecular interactions; creation of membrane models for investigating cellular events such as the mechanism of anti-microbial peptides with membranes; kinetic study of immunological interactions such as protein-protein and protein-peptide; application of acoustic biosensors in biotechnology.
- K. Mitsakakis & E. Gizeli, Multi-sample acoustic biosensing microsystem for protein interaction analysis, Biosensors and Bioelectronic, 26, 2011, 4579-4584.
- K. Mitsakakis, E. Gizeli, Detection of multiple cardiac markers with an integrated acoustic platform for cardiovascular risk assessment, Analytical Chimica Acta, 699, 2011, 1-5 (selected as “feature article”).
- G. Papadakis/A. Tsortos, E. Gizeli, Acoustic characterization of nanoswitch structures; application to the DNA Holliday Junction, Nano Letters, 10, 2010, 5093-5097.
- G. Papadakis, A. Tsortos, K. Mitsakakis, & E. Gizeli, Characterization of DNA-Hv1 histone interactions; discrimination of DNA size and shape, FEBS Letters, 584, 2010, 935-940.
- M. Saitakis, A. Tsortos, E. Gizeli, Probing the interaction of a membrane receptor with a surface-attached ligand using whole cells on acoustic biosensors, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 25, 2010, 1688-1693.